VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowships at York University in Canada, 2020
The York University is inviting applications for VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowships. The fellowship will provide financial support to high-caliber scholars doing postdoctoral research that is aligned with the VISTA program under the supervision of a VISTA core member.
Vision: Science to Applications (VISTA) is a collaborative research program funded by the Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF, 2016-2023) that builds on York’s world-class interdisciplinary research in biological and computer vision.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: April 16 and September 7
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships Science to Applications (VISTA).
- Fellowship: Minimum $55,000/year + benefits for up to 24 months; + Annual research allowance $7,500 and + Annual networking allowance $1,000
- Distinguished Fellowship: Minimum $70,000/year + benefits for up to 24 months; + Annual research allowance $7,500 and + Annual networking allowance $1,000
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Requirements: To be
eligible to apply:
Your application must be supported by a VISTA Core Member who would become your supervisor. VISTA Associate Members are eligible as co-supervisors
with a VISTA Core Member;
You must hold a doctorate in an area that falls within the VISTA mandate;
A PhD or equivalent degree must be completed by the start date;
Postdoctoral Fellows who hold an external award (e.g. NSERC) at York, and who have not previously held a VISTA Postdoctoral Award, are eligible to apply for a one year extension from VISTA during the final year of their award;
Postdoctoral candidates who are employed at York University under the category of ‘Postdoctoral Visitor’ are only eligible to apply to VISTA during their first 6 months of employment (or until the first available VISTA Postdoctoral Award application deadline, whichever comes first);
VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowship or Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants may NOT apply to work within the same research environment (i.e. institution or supervisor) where they completed their PhD.
You must accept an offer with a start date:
April applicants: No earlier than July 1 and no later than December 1
September applicants: No earlier than December 1 and no later than July 1
You must conduct research in the vision sciences that is aligned with the VISTA program.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.